Apply for and lodge mineral tenement applications online
The SARIG Mineral Exploration Tenement Online Wizard allows users to complete applications and lodge online:
- Exploration Licence Application (ELA)
- Exploration Release Area (ERA) Application
- Exploration Licence renewal and subsequent licence
The online application wizard provides a checklist of all documentation required in the online application process.
A reference and security code is generated for use of the SARIG Continue a current application tool.
A fee applies when lodging an ELA and ERA. The fee can be securely paid online.
Exploration licence application (ELA)
The ELA online application wizard provides users with an online tool to plot a tenement boundary within the SARIG Map application. The SARIG map will display a pre-set base map that provides a map of areas available for application, and land access information required in the application process.
Exploration release area (ERA) application
The ERA applicant wizard allows users to apply and lodge an ERA application using a smart pre-populated online form.
Exploration licence renewal or subsequent licence application
The exploration licence renewal or subsequent licence application wizard allows users to complete and lodge an application using a smart pre-populated online form.
Exploration licence application (ELA) tracker
The application status widget allows users to select a current mineral exploration licence application polygon and track its status through the government application process. Detailed application and collated applicant reports can be downloaded in PDF format.
Tenement spatial data delivery via SARIG
Mineral tenement spatial data can be downloaded from SARIG in multiple file formats:
- ArcGIS shapefiles and geodatabase
- MapInfo Tab
- Google Earth KMZ
- Web Services WMS/WFS
Mineral tenement spatial datasets are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 CC-BY
SARIG online help provides step by step instructions on how to use the Mineral Exploration Online Wizard forms
South Australian Mining Register online search
The South Australian Mining Register online search allows the public to obtain a copy of one or more mining tenements (lease or licence granted in accordance with the Mining Act 1971) or request an extract of information from the Mining Register about a mining tenement (standard search query).
This tool can be used to obtain the following information:
Extract from Mining Register - copy of mining tenement (lease or licence document)
- Copies of mining tenement documents, including the conditions that apply to the tenement
- The mining tenements can be active or expired
- This search also includes an instrument printout (a summary of any dealings registered against the tenement since it was granted)
Extract from Mining Register - standard search query
- Summary of tenement information extracted from the Mining Register including a tenement printout and an instrument printout
- A tenement printout will provide general information such as holder details, grant and expiry dates and location information
- An instrument report will provide a summary of any dealings registered against the tenement since it was granted (an instrument report cannot be supplied separately)
- Summary of exploration licence application (ELA)
- Summary of tenements held by a particular tenement holder
- Summary of tenements located in a specific area