The South Australian government is committed to working with business and the community to make sure that South Australia works to its strengths and prospers in the global economy.
The South Australian Government's Economic Priority – Unlocking our resources, energy and renewables, was released in 2014 by the South Australian Premier, Jay Weatherill.
The Government's Mineral Resources Division has established highly regarded geoscience initiatives, an internationally respected regulatory framework, and a highly skilled workforce to realise the opportunities presented by our resource potential.
To achieve success in this priority South Australia will need to achieve specific key objectives outlined in the Economic Priority.
There are a number of key strategic Task Forces and initiatives in place to facilitate and expedite achievement of these objectives:
- South Australia's Copper Strategy
- South Australia's Magentite Strategy
- Plan for Accelerating Exploration (PACE)
- Resources Infrastructure and Investment Task Force (RIITF)
- Mining and Petroleum Services Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Mining Industry Participation Office (MIPO)
- Investment Attraction South Australia