Note: The Geoscientist Assistance Program (GAP) has now finished.
The Geoscientist Assistance Program (GAP), a collaboration between the Government of South Australia through the Plan for Accelerating Exploration (PACE) and the South Australian Chamber of Mines and Energy (SACOME), was established in response to the effect of the current economic cycle on South Australian Resources and Energy Industries.
The GAP placed skilled and graduate geoscientists into work placements facilitating the retention of these skills in South Australia, through a salary subsidy scheme.
- Prevent the loss of experienced and highly trained geoscientists from the South Australian exploration, mining, petroleum and energy industries
- Maintain, develop and diversify the skills of geoscience graduates and experienced professionals affected by tough economic times
- Provide subsidies for the employment of GAP approved candidates (graduates or experienced geoscientists)
- Assist industry with program application processes
- Source and match suitably qualified candidates for GAP approved projects
- Provide additional opportunities for training and development of skills
- Provide up to $1000 contribution towards site readiness training e.g. First Aid, 4WD training etc.