The Mineral Resources Division offers career opportunities in administration and management, geology and engineering
On this page
Roles may include:
- Strategic policy and support - facilitating development of mining projects, providing advice to government and community, advising on legislative frameworks
- Mining regulation and rehabilitation - regulating exploration and mining operations, determining and collecting statutory royalties
- Geoscientific information management - defining mineral resources and their potential, generating and managing geoscientific information, providing geoscientific advice and data to industry, government and the community
Secondary school students wishing to undertake work experience in the geosciences should contact the Community Education Officer by email or in writing:
- at least one term before the expected school release time
- stating the reasons why they have chosen this vocational area, and
- including all contact details.
Careers in the geosciences and mining industry
The following sources are available to provide careers information:
- The Hot Rubble website provides information about a career in the minerals, oil and gas sectors in South Australia.
- The Mineral Resources Division Community Education Officer provides a free service to schools, including workshops and information sessions on careers in the geosciences.
- The Mineral Resources Division Earth Sciences Summer School is available to students in years 9, 10 and 11
Resources and Engineering Skills Alliance (RESA)
RESA works with resource companies and education and training providers to address anticipated skills shortages in the resources sector.
RESA has undertaken comprehensive research and analysis of the current and projected workforce requirements for approved for operation resources projects in South Australia - forecast for 2013 through to 2020
More about RESA http://www.resa.org.au/
The Mineral Resources Division does not hold information about particular job opportunities within the mining industry. If you are interested in working within the mining industry try:
For more information, contact:
Community Education Officer